Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Getting Fat.

Well, I survived the Edge to Edge half marathon on Sunday. 

To say it was hilly would be an understatement. To say it was hard, also, an understatement. 

You likely won't be surprised to read that it was very much a personal worst as far as time was concerned (by a long shot!).

That said, I'm actually really proud of the finish, because you know what, it's sure not easy carrying another person for 21.1k (even a teeny tiny one). 


So yeah, if you haven't figured it out yet, I'm knocked up. With child. Pregnant. 

It was planned (because when you have a clotting disorder, everything to do with getting and being pregnant must be very well planned), but it happened a hell of a lot faster than we expected. I'm just at the start of my second trimester. The first one definitely took a little more energy out of me than I expected (who knew the fatigue could be such an ass kicker) but otherwise, so far everything seems to be going well, and I've got a great team (yes, a full team) of doctors looking after me. 

Anyway, along with all the changes to do with our move and the newness of life in Ukee, adding in all the excitement and changes that happen with a new pregnancy (and the fatigue, have I mentioned that?) have definitely been a contributing factor in the lack of anything resembling training these days... but that's okay. Every big goal requires some sacrifices and adjustments to what you've previously known, and making sure this baby gets delivered healthy is my number 1 priority for the year. 

And on that note, I'm gonna go find something to eat and put my feet up. 

3 comments:

  1. Wheeeeee!!! Congrats Karyn!! That's awesome news. Happy mommy to be months ahead and yay for the new addition to the family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful news! Congrats, Karyn!

    ReplyDelete