Friday, February 3, 2012

Random Friday Facts

I’m kinda digging this random Friday business. I mean, it’s Friday. Short quick thoughts are about all I’m good for today. So, let’s get to it shall we?

1) I’ve noticed lately that I have quite a bit in common with my Dad. It seems that when I do one of these “random things” posts or even just verbalize some random thing about myself, often these are things my Dad does or likes as well. Anyway, I think that is really neat. Both of my parents are really amazing people and did a great job raising Kirsten and I, and well, I get almost oddly proud when I discover quirky little things that my Dad and I share. He’s a pretty awesome guy and a super Dad.



2) I love when you do an out and back run and have a headwind on the way out, because unless some freak shift in the weather happens, that means you get a tailwind on the way back. Knowing I’m likely going to get rewarded with a tailwind motivates me. This headwind/tailwind phenomena has happened to me the last two times I’ve gone for a run at lunch during the work day.

3) While running, I like when people smile at me. It makes me feel good. Although, there was this creepy guy the other day on my lunch run who smiled at me. That creepy smile did not make me feel good, but it did make me run faster.

4) I watch too many crime shows (ahem, Criminal Minds) and as such, have developed quite an overactive imagination. Perhaps the creepy guy mentioned above was just friendly (and a little strange looking) and not a serial killer after all?

5) When I set a clock or an alarm, I cannot set it to end with a zero or a five. I don’t know why, but I can’t.

6) Eating hummus after a 45’ aerobic run when not fully recovered from a bout of the stomach flu may not be the smartest idea.

7) I've just discovered Larabar - the Coconut Cream is ah-maze-ing!

8) I’d love to do a study on people’s thought processes when they are deciding what lane to join when they get to the pool to swim. Why does the person who is doing a double armed, frog kick style backstroke feel they should be swimming in the fast lane? Why would you join a lane that has two people in it that are obviously faster than you, when you could join a lane with only one person in it who is about the same speed? Really, I don’t get it. I will almost always choose the lane with the least amount of people – or – if all the lanes have the same amount of people, I will watch for a few minutes and join the lane with the people who are swimming a similar pace to what I will be doing. I don't think this is a hard concept.

9) Sometimes words get stuck in my head. Not music or songs, but words - occasionally it will be short phrases, sometimes maybe even foreign language words or odd last names, but usually something I have trouble pronouncing. I will repeat it in my head, over and over and over and….

10) Sometimes I think I have a lot of random "obsessive" behaviours (see #5 and #9).

11) I ran this morning. It was beautiful out and I saw a gorgeous sunrise over the water. This afternoon, I’m getting a massage. Lysanne is a miracle worker. I can’t wait!

12) I’m teaching yoga at Feel Good Yoga & Pilates this Sunday night (Feb 5) and next Sunday night (Feb 12) at 5:15pm. It is a Karma Class with proceeds going to the Greater Victoria Animal Crusaders (GVAC). I think I’ve got a wicked good class planned for this week and hope I get a good turnout.


And on that note, I'm out.
Happiest of Happy Friday’s to you!

5 comments:

  1. I just read your post and it made me realize how much I miss you! Sounds like your training & yoga are going so well. You need to come teach a class downtown :-) I will be in touch soon. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss you too!!!
      I've run past your house a few times in the early morning hours lately and have been tempted to come knocking on your door. I figured you'd be up, but then realized that Chris might not like me too much, haha.

      Delete
  2. You should try the peanut butter chocolate chip LaraBar - they had them at Costco a while back. They've saved me in many 3 hour lectures :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm... peanut butter chocolate chip. Yep, I might have to try one of those out. Thanks for the recommendation :)

      Delete
  3. Larabar - I'm in love with cherry pie but I also just discovered key lime pie! yum!

    ReplyDelete